Home > Grants > Application Process
All interested applicants must complete an application. Applications must include the following:
- Type of Grant (teacher or school)
- Applicant Information (contact info, school, teaching position, etc.)
- Overview of the project(s) and how the funding would be used to support or enhance district initiatives, innovative teaching practices or the learning in your classroom (limit 500 words)
- How many students are directly impacted and how the project advances educational outcomes for those students; if the program was successful and expanded, how might it benefit the district overall. (Limit 500 words)
- Timeline for implementation of grant funds and materials. (Limit 300 words)
UPDATE: PROJECTS SHOULD CONTINUE TO BE IMPLEMENTED THROUGH THE 2018-2019 FALL SEMESTER. YOU CAN ADJUST YOUR TIMELINE TO REFLECT THIS CHANGE.
- All interested applicants are required to upload an excel Budget Sheet along with the required application. The budget sheet will list the requested materials, quantity, cost per item, total amount requested.
- Administrator’s contact information will serve as administrator’s endorsement.
Applications will be selected based on the educational merit, as well as innovation of the proposed project. Be specific about how the innovation grant will improve the learning outcome for students or will improve the school environment for students. For example: do not ask for tablets, rather explain how tablets will be used to enhance instruction or support an innovative project. Please share in detail how the funding will change outcomes for students, not what the money will be spent on.
Innovation Grant Awards: The HISD Foundation Innovation Grant was established through generous donations from local community members and business partnerships. This year the HISD Foundation will award $150,000 in Innovation Grants. Grant awards will be allocated as follows:
- Individual PK-12th Grade Teacher Grant: $3,000 – $7,000
- Teacher Collaborative Grant (2 or more teachers from same school): $5,000 – $10,000
- Individual Schools PK-12: $10,000 – $20,000
- School Teams (2 or more schools of any level): $10,000 – $20,000
Grant award recipients will be required to submit an Impact Report by June 1, 2018
- Funds must be spent by December 2018.
- Purchases made through the grant are property of the HISD Foundation and will not be considered personal property of the grant recipients. If the grant recipient moves schools within the district the materials may move with the teacher upon permission from HISD Foundation. If the teacher leaves the district, grant materials will become property of the school where the grant recipient was last working.
- Applications will be selected based on the innovative nature of the project and its alignment to the district initiatives and impact on student success.
Applications will be evaluated on a scale of 1-4 in the following areas: Quality of Proposal (Content, Grammar, Clarity) Level of Innovation (Newness, Uniqueness) Benefit to Students, Schools, Community (Defined success) Alignment to District Priorities (Literacy, Arts, STEM) Budget Alignment (Budget fits Proposal)