Home > Grants > Innovation Fund
OVERVIEW & TIMELINE
Overview & Timeline
Overview: The Houston ISD Foundation is excited to announce the fifth round of the HISD Foundation Innovation Grants to our district teachers. Grants are awarded to recognize and support excellence in innovation by providing funds to enhance elementary, middle school, high school programs and curriculum. This is a competitive grant program designed to encourage teachers to develop innovative projects that lead to increased student success. The Houston ISD Foundation Innovation Grant seeks to fund projects that will:
Enhance the student experience and lead to improved academic outcomes
Implement projects that fall into the following priority areas:
Innovation, Equity, College & Career Readiness, Whole Child
Find a new solution to combat barriers of success for students
- July 22 & August 2: Innovation Fund Informational Webinar
- September 4: Applications Due through FormSite
- September 2022: Assessment of Applications
- October 3, 2022: Finalists Announced
- December 2022: Mid-term Report Due
- March 2023: Grant Winners Attend State of the Schools Event
- June 2023: Final Impact Report Due
To apply for the Houston ISD Foundation’s Innovation Fund Grant, please select from one of the following two applications:
Applications are due by Sunday, September 4, 2022 at 11:59pm. No late applications will be considered.
1) The Houston ISD Foundation Innovation Fund 2022-’23
- Projects serving schools in the North, South, or West Areas should apply for the Houston ISD Foundation Innovation Fund ($146,000 available), underwritten by Hilltop Securities, CITGO, BBVA and the Houston Gas Processors Association.
2) The Valero Benefit for Children East End Innovation Fund
- The portion of the Innovation Fund serving HISD’s East Area schools, which are Austin, Chavez, Furr, Milby, or Yates High Schools, or the elementary and middle schools that feed into them ($100,000 available).
I have learned how to program better and feel truly lucky to have a STEM class. It will definitely raise my chance of joining a robotics club or even later, get me a job in the Science and Technology field – Horn Elementary Student, STEM-ulate the Minds of Tomorrow, Today!GET INSPIRED